Ten days!! In ten days the cookbook launch! Two weeks ago I was really excited. Last week I was starting to freak out. This week I'm just in the zone concentrating on all the last minute details that need to be arranged, so that my labor of love can be smoothly delivered to all of you. I am sharing the third & final recipe sneak peak with you guys this week. But first, I want to show a little gratitude to the two women that made this project possible for me: Mickey Trescott of Autoimmune Paleo and Sarah Ballantyne of The Paleo Mom.
First of all . . . Mickey, my AIP soul-sister. She has been incredible this entire year. She provided inspiration and support from the very start. And she blazed a trail! Although I have not tackled every aspect of self-publishing in the same way she did, I would have been utterly lost without her guidance. I am so lucky to count her as a friend and colleague. I am also sooo grateful to the lady behind it all, my friend, Sarah Ballantyne. I obviously could not have written a book about the Autoimmune Protocol, without her creating the Autoimmune Protocol! It is staggering for me to think of all the lives she has changed, mine among them. It is an amazing opportunity to work with The Paleo Mom Consulting and have the chance to use AIP and the work I do with my clients to inform this project.
So, now that I've let the gratitude flow . . . let me share one of the delicious recipes with you!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup palm shortening
- ⅛ cup turbinado sugar (also called raw sugar)
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Put all filling ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put all crust ingredients in a food processor and process until dough forms. Dust rolling pin with tapioca flour. Roll out dough on parchment paper to ⅛ inch thickness. Using a large round cookie cutter, cut out as many rounds as possible. Set aside. Reshape dough and cut again, repeating until all dough is used.
- In center of 1 round, place 1 generous spoonful of filling. Place second round on top of first. Press around edges to close crust and then flute with a fork. Poke top of round with a fork. Repeat until all rounds are filled. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 25-30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
I am getting so darn excited to share with the growing circle of people using food to heal! The cookbook will launch in e-book AND print formats (through Amazon print-on-demand) in just a few more weeks. Watch for announcements and THANK YOU for letting me have a voice in this community! It is an honor.