So, first, let me do a little recap. Last year I posted five goals I had for becoming optimally WELL. You can read about it here. It didn't go flawlessly, but in general, I made consistent progress.
1) Supplementation- I did finally get this ironed out for myself, but it took me until around late October, early November. I am noticeably reaping the benefits, but it was not easy or cheap.
2) Exercise- Uuuum. I had a great walking routine for part of the year and then it turned into a so-so routine for part of the year and in the last month things went doooownhill. Overall, I am happy though. I do feel like I have more stamina and a bit more strength, but I'm recommitting for better results.
3) Sleep- I was way better with sleep in 2013, then in 2012, but I've still got some tweaking in this department. Overall, I got much more restful sleep this year. I have decided that this trumps almost everything though and I'm recommitting.
4) Stress Management- I am really, really happy with my progress here! I sorta' had a stress attack this month (holidays, school, etc), but the rest of the year I really handled my stress levels well. I didn't freak out, I didn't overcommit, I stopped doing tons of things I just did not WANT to do, I handed over a few responsibilities, and I took time to meditate, pray, watch birds, and have fun.
5) Personal Care- I loved the No Poo Method, but late this fall I started getting very, very dry scalp from the baking soda cleanser. I am now doing "Low Poo." I continue to use the oil cleansing method or Dr. Bronner's for my facial wash. I'm still playing with deodorant options. I also need more work on body moisturizers. Overall, I am so happy I worked on getting the poisons off me.
So that's the update, now what are my 2014 goals? It is much more simple this year folks. Here's my list:
1) Become a certified health coach. (I want to help other people have the best year ever too!!)
2) Move my body, so I can get strong. (I'm going to try weight training. Yikes!)
3) Sleep like it is my J-O-B. (I don't even feel bad about it. Who wants a nap?)
What are your goals for the New Year? Are you starting Paleo or AIP? Are you further perfecting it? Maybe you are still searching for a diagnosis? Maybe your goals are a completely different set of objectives . . . whatever they are, share them. Put it out there in the universe & see if the thought starts to become an action.
*Does this seem too good to be true? Good for Angie, she had a great freakin' year. Good freakin' job. I'm going to tell you guys the truth, 'cause that is what I do here . . . connect by being vulnerable. I had some very big fails this year, but the epic one was with this blog. I geared up for a major revamp (you can read about my intentions here ) in March and was planning to finish it by June, but I didn't get ANY of it done. I totally did NOT nail it. I'm really, REALLY intimidated by the process of taking this blog to the next level and I let "perfect" paralyze me and get in the way of progress. I'm going to keep trying and I hope you guys will cheer me on.