I am not a big recipe creator, but recently I've been experimenting with a few soups. The following recipe is probably the most delicious soup I have ever invented. Even better . . . my husband and daughter love it. That's right, my thirteen year old daughter actually begs me to make this soup for dinner.Delicious is so important, but this AIP soup is also packed with health benefits. Pumpkin is an awesome source of fiber and has lots of beta-carotene, which the body converts into Vitamin A. Turmeric is a very powerful anti-inflammatory, which is helpful for those of us dealing with autoimmune issues. Shrimp is a good source of zinc and iodine. Zinc is especially important during cold and flu season to help boost our immune systems.
Enjoy and let me know if you give it a shot. I would love to know what you think!
Recipe: Turmeric Pumpkin Soup with Shrimp
- 1 lbs. shrimp (shelled & deveined)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Add shrimp to boiling water, boil for only two minutes to avoid overcooked, rubbery shrimp.
- Drain and put into a bowl of ice water.
- Add all other ingredients to a soup pot, stirring well to combine.
- Cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add shrimp at the end. Enjoy!